The Pike Experience Limited (TPEL or our, us or we) take the privacy of personal information seriously.
The following words and phrases have specific meanings wherever you see them used in these Terms:
Account means a Participant’s account, parent Account or Teacher’s account on the Platform.
Challenge Hub means the web application at www.wpca.co.nz which provides a management tool for teachers and an interactive platform for students to record their journey through the Programme.
Content means computer code, text, graphics, images, music, software, audio, video, information or other digital materials.
Participant means a student who is recorded on the Participant List for a School.
Participant List means a list of students who have been authorised by the School to participate in the Programme.
Personal information means any information that can identify you either directly or indirectly (i.e. by reference to other information we have access to).
Platform means the systems (including the Site and other systems) we provide to facilitate the Services.
Programme means the William Pike Challenge programme.
School means a school or group which has a licence to provide the Programme to its students.
Services means the provision of the Platform to facilitate the Programme and any other services provided from time to time.
Site means www.williampikechallenge.co.nz and www.wpca.co.nz.
2. Information we collect about you
(a) Personal Information you provide to us: Mandatory Participant information: First name, last name, date of birth, gender, ethnicity, home town, school, school email address, programme progress such as outdoor activities completed, community service hours completed and passion projects completed. Non-mandatory information: personal email address, parent email address, text and any images uploaded associated the WPC programme and your profile picture.
- Where you register to create an Account as a student we collect your full name, your email address, your parent or guardian’s email address, your date of birth, your ethnicity, gender, name of home town.
- Where you create an account as a teacher we collect your full name, email address, your telephone number, the name of your school, and the names of all of the School’s participants in the Programme.
- Each time you log-in to your Account and use our Services we collect your email address and password and any Content that you upload to the Platform.
- If you contact us to receive further information about the Programme we collect your name, email address and any information that you provide.
- If you place an order for any of the products on our Site we collect your name, company name, bill and shipping address, telephone number, email address and bank account details (if you pay by direct bank transfer). If you pay by credit card the transaction processed through our third-party payment provider, Paystation, and we do not view your credit card details.
(b) Information we may collect indirectly:
- We collect a Participant’s email address and parent/guardian’s email address indirectly when a Teacher invites a Participant to register with the Challenge Hub.
- We may also collect personal information (including information about children) when an Account holder (teacher or student) uploads Content that contains personal information (including photographs or videos of another person).
- In these situations we have no direct relationship with any person other than you, and for that reason, the Account holder is responsible for making sure they have the appropriate permission for us to collect and use information about any such person.
(c) Location information: Each time you visit our Platform we automatically collect information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, browser type, browser language, information about your device type, operating systems and type of operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) cookies, and the pages you request.
3. How we use your personal information
- To identify you (including their association with your School) and send notifications related to the user of our Services.
- To verify and grant your access to your Account.
- To provide you with the Services.
- To enable us to send you notifications that are relevant to you. We only send these notifications with your permission and you can opt out at any time. To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To let you know about our policies and terms.
- To respond to your questions or concerns and other customer care related activities.
Content you upload to the Platform
- To provide the Services.
- In the marketing and promotion the Programme as further detailed in clause 6. We will not knowingly use your personal information without your consent, or where you are under 18 years of age, the consent of your Parent.
- To process a transaction for any products ordered via the Site.
Technical information (IP address, browser type, browser language, information about your device type, operating systems and type of operating system (e.g. iOS or Android) cookies, and the pages you request)
To facilitate the provision of the Services.
- To enable us to diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- To help us determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
4. Google Analytics
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computer and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
If you reject all cookies, you will not be able to use the Services properly, you may not be able to “sign in” and you may not be able to take full advantage of all other offerings.
You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are visiting our Platform.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and Platform traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on our Platform.
6. How we may share your personal information
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- With Teachers. A Teacher is able to view the profile information and associated Content of for Participants registered with its School.
- With your consent. We may share your personal information with third parties when you have provided your consent or requested us to do so. For example, we may request the use of Content in our marketing and promotion of the Platform. If you have given consent, either personally or as a Parent of a Participant, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Third-party service providers. To business that support our Services, including any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide Platform and our payment provider Paystation.
We limit the information we provide to such third-party service provides to the information that they need to help us provide the Services.
A business that supports our Services may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
- Legal purposes. Where it is legally required by a third party of law enforcement authority in any jurisdiction (in which case we will generally require a production order or similar court order unless necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to public health or public safety or the life or health of someone else).
- To enforce our rights and prevent fraud. To protect and defend our rights, property or safety or that of third-parties, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
Communications with you.
We may contact you from time to time by email to send you information relating to our products or services that we think may interest you.
You may opt out of emails you receive from us by following the unsubscribe prompt in emails from us.
8. Children’s privacy
We are committed to safeguarding the personal information of children under the age of 18.
We will never knowingly request or solicit personal information from a child without their parent’s consent. If a parent becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with personal information without their consent, they should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such personal information without the requisite consent we will delete that information from Platform as quickly as is practical.
9. Links to other sites
10. How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will retain your personal information for as long as you have an Account or for so long as it is needed to be able to provide our Services.
If your account is terminated we will delete your personal information unless it is necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, or to prevent fraud or abuse.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. All data we collect and which is uploaded to the Platform is stored in New Zealand with SiteHost.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your personal information. For instance, never give out your password, and safeguard your user name and password when you are using the Services. You are responsible for maintaining the security of any device on which you access the Services.
12. Accessing and correcting your personal information
If you are a registered Member, you may update your Account personal information by logging on to the Platform.
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Privacy Act 1993, you have the right to request confirmation from us that we hold personal information about you, and a copy of such personal information.
You are also entitled to request the correction of the information we hold about you.
If you would like to exercise either of these rights, please contact us at email@example.com. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
We may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Account or by placing a prominent notice on our site prior to the change becoming effective.
14. NZ Law
15. Contacting us